Southwest High 1968 Reunion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Southwest High 1968 Reunion

Discussion forum for 1968 graduates of Southwest High School, Kansas City, MO

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stuff that I learned at the Reunion...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jim Cambron

Jim Cambron

Stuff that I learned at the Reunion... Empty
PostSubject: Stuff that I learned at the Reunion...   Stuff that I learned at the Reunion... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 8:50 pm

I learned that Rich Laudon worked on one of my favorite Saturday night TV shows during my college years...

During the Seventies, I spent three months in Arkansas City, Kansas as a radio "personality" at KSOK-AM with my college buddy and Sports Director, Jack Nixon.

Every Saturnday night at 11PM, we would watch KTUL-TV's Mazeppa Show via the new-fangled technology of the time called Cable TV. There we saw Gary Busey, Gaylord Sartain, Mary K. Place and Leon Russell in their formative years doing skit comedy between segments of some terrible movie.

Fast-forward to the Brooksider - August, 7th, 2008.

During a chat with Rich Lauden, it was revealed that he was a camera operator and occasional "extra" on the very same show that jack & I laughed our butts off watching on Saturday nights: the Mazeppa Show!

...and now you know the Rest of the Story.

I have a million of these stories.

Please do us all a favor and post your own story here. If you don't, I'll keep telling more of my own.

...Then there was the time I ran over a 10-year-old's foot in my Blue Chevy Vega...
Back to top Go down

Stuff that I learned at the Reunion...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Southwest High 1968 Reunion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: